2005 Showket Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon
2006 Alpha Omega Cabernet Sauvignon
2006 Ehlers Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 1886
- Ehlers Estate
- Set a well lit table with a white piece of paper at each place setting.
- Use a separate wine glass for each wine at the place setting
- Have a trustworthy accomplice pour each wine, to the same level, in each glass. No peeking!
- Create your own form, or download this one: Blind Tasting Sheet
- Create your own form, or download this one: Blind Tasting Score Card
Now you get to chat! We usually start with the group's last ranking wine and move to the top. Everyone should contribute to the discussion. It's always amazing how many adjectives a group can have to describe a wine...and, this part of the discussion has plenty of moments where you realize, yes, I did smell the clove, or wow, I did taste the dark chocolate. It's also humorous because the conversation can move quickly from one person's sweet spice to another person's dark berry fruit. Remember, no one is wrong! Enjoy the process and let the adjectives flow.
The Holidays are a time for gathering, group interaction and shared passion. If you have minors in your tribe, do the same experience with sodas. Kids are incredible at picking out the 7-Up versus the Sprite. So, temp your family or friends this year with a blind tasting. It just might become a holiday tradition....